Frequently Asked Questions

Common Questions

What to do after an accident?

If you are injured in an accident, you should make it a priority to seek medical help. If you are not taken to the emergency room right away, you should take photos and videos of the accident. You should also get contact information of any witnesses that were there at the accident. If you are not at fault for the car accident, you should set up a consultation with a car accident lawyer to discuss your options. Consultation with Nguyen & Associates InjuryLaw Firm is always free.

How Do I know if I have a case?
It is best to contact an attorney to set up a free consultation to go over the details of the incident. The attorney will be able to evaluate your case based on the facts of the accident and laws in your state. Typically, there is a case if someone acted negligently and carelessly and caused you to get hurt.
Do I have a case if I do not feel pain right away?

You may have a case even if you don’t feel immediate pain at the scene of the accident. The body produce a biological adrenaline response in a traumatic setting, which can cause a temporary reduction in your sense of pain. People may start feeling a great deal of pain after the accident. Many people who do not feel the symptoms immediately often develop the symptoms later. You may want to consult with your primary care physician or go to an emergency center.

How long can the case stay open?

The statute of limitation varies from state to state. In the state of Texas, you have two years from the time of the accident to file a law suit against the defendant in a personal injury case or be forever bar from bringing it in court.

What to do when an insurance adjuster calls?

Please be aware of insurance adjuster. You should not speak with an adjuster for someone else that was involved in the accident. Adjusters may seem friendly and sympathetic, but their goal for their insured is reduce or eliminate the liability of their insured. If you have an attorney and the insurance adjuster contacts you, make sure to tell the adjuster to contact your attorney and not say anything more to the insurance adjuster.

How long will it take to settle my claim?

The time that it takes for a case to finish from beginning to end varies greatly from case to case. The more complex the case, the longer the case may take to settle. The same rule applies to cases involving substantial injuries.

How can a personal injury attorney help me after a car accident?

A personal injury attorney can assist you by navigating the legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, gathering evidence, and advocating for the compensation you deserve.

What damages can I claim in a car accident or truck accident case in Houston?

You may be eligible for compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related costs resulting from the accident.

What steps should I take if I've lost a loved one in a wrongful death incident?

Reach out to our firm as soon as possible to discuss your situation. We can guide you through the legal process and help you understand your options for seeking compensation.

How long do I have to file a personal injury claim after a car accident or truck accident in Houston?

The statute of limitations for personal injury claims varies, but in Texas, it's generally two years from the date of the accident. Acting promptly is crucial to protect your rights.

Do I need to pay upfront for legal services if I've been injured in a car or truck accident?

No, we work on a contingency fee basis. You only pay us if we secure compensation for your case.

Do I need to pay upfront for legal services if I've been injured in a car or truck accident?

No, we work on a contingency fee basis. You only pay us if we secure compensation for your case.

How can I prove the other party was at fault in a car accident or truck accident?

Evidence such as accident reports, witness statements, traffic camera footage, and expert testimonies can help establish fault. We will gather and present this evidence on your behalf.

Can I still file a lawsuit if the accident was partially my fault?

Texas follows a modified comparative negligence rule. You can still pursue a claim, but your compensation may be reduced based on your level of fault. Consulting with an attorney is crucial in such cases.

Why should I choose Nguyen & Associates Law Firm for my personal injury case in Houston?
Our firm is dedicated to providing personalized, compassionate legal representation. We have a proven track record of successfully handling personal injury cases and advocating for our clients' best interests. We prioritize your needs and strive to achieve the compensation you deserve.

get your Free Case review

    Our case Results


    713 842 9442

    Need more information

    Looking for something specific? Contact us today.